Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Halloween

Okay, this post is obviously way overdue.  I don't think I have much to say, but there are some pictures to share.  In Hungary they don't do Halloween.  I did see some of the younger generation dressed up for parties, but only a few. Instead, they have the much more serious Day of the Dead, which I've documented extensively already.  But the American Corner here wanted to bring some essence of Halloween to Debrecen.  I'll let you decide if they captured it successfully, judging as best as you can from my photos and some I borrowed from the American Corner facebook page.

the beautiful hall
the judges
one team of my friends: Bori, Kitti (best original costume: Anne Hall), Meghan, and Anna
unconventional tools, very gruesome!

the doctors (they won best team costume!)
more friends: Veronika and Ancsa


the final contestants
one of the top prize winners
yay, Ancsa and Veronika won a prize! (No favoritism, let's hope...)
the whole group!
For more images feel free to visit the American Corner facebook Halloween album at:

There isn't much for me to say about this event.  It was well done, and a lot of fun.  The responsibility as a judge was actually a bit heavy for me, but I survived.  There were lots of categories and plenty of prizes, so I didn't get any death threats for accusations of favoritism, although some of friends must have been wondering...

No comments:

Post a Comment