Wednesday, November 3, 2010

on the road for a week!

I've been hesitating to blog lately for a couple of reasons:
1. I'm in a fairly low tech environment right now.
2. I'm lazy.
3. I'm busy.
3.5. I want to experience life instead of typing about it.
4. This keyboard is wonky and some letters are switched and puctuation is scrambled and itás making me crayz'
5. That was supposed to end in an exclamation mark'''''
6. I can't upload mz photos'
7. I feel I should wait until the end of mz new adventure.
8. I forget what this list is about.

So anyway, here's a quick update.  I'm staying at my grandmother's sister's grandson's place.  Is he then my 2nd cousin?  Anyway, Csabi's house.  It's really nice and he and Maca are gracious hosts.  They've gone to work and I made a big mess trying to use their expresso machine.  (Sorry guys, I think I cleaned it up okay and I don't think it's broken!)  They have good fun and belly laughs trying to put my blog into an auto translator to get some sense of what I'm saying.  It spits out mangled Hungarian which they find quite entertaining.  I'm so curious to know how this paragraph turns out!

I hung with the fam here yesterday eve after returning from Budapest where my day began with a long morning in the cemetery taking artsy photos which I can't wait to upload!  Then a friend from long ago took me to the all-vegetarian Hari Krisha restaurant.  Praise God for Indian food!  Later, I met with two representatives from Hungary's National Spiritual Assembly at the Baha'i Centre in the stunning heart of Budapest.  We first prayed together and I felt an inkling of the mighty power of that Institution.

Today, after cleaning up and hanging with my fam a bit more, I'll head by train back to Budapest to attend the Baha'i 19 day Feast, and I'm very excited about that.  I'm staying overnight there and leaving for Veszprém in the morning to reminisce.  Damn, there's no spell check.  Technically there is, but it's underlining everything since in Hungarian it's all spelled wrong.  Except for "is" which means "also".

Many years ago Dharlene and I were in Veszprém for a year.  Well, she was there and I was in nearby Balatonalmádi, on the big lake, apparently the largest in Europe.  It'll be nice to be there again for a couple days.  The weather is perfect: sun and clouds and a high of approximately 16 C for the next few days.  Then the weekend back here in Vecsés, then back to Debrecen.

 Thanks for reading, and don't forget to encourage me by commenting!

3 comments:

  1. How is your grandmother doing? I bet she was so happy to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sentences like "I hung with the fam here yesterday eve..." are a little hard on the translator!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheldon

    I do reads your blog but did not know how to leave a comment. still don't though will try one more time. Pioneering is tough and you know it better than anyone else. keep your spirit up and Dharlene will join you soon anyway.

    ReplyDelete